We didn't really plan a staycation; it just happened. I had a week of leave I needed to take; it's really too hot to go anywhere. Gasoline is still almost $4 per gallon; and we have a nice trip planned later this month. So, we decided to stick around. Here's some of what we did during Staycation:
- We hosted and/or attended five dinner parties.
- We spent two nights at the Farm.
- We spent one night at the Lake.
- I spent one morning at the ER with Mother--after a fall. Nothing broken.
- We took a day trip to Thomasville, GA.
- I planted more rosemary at the Farm.
- I read The Poisonwood Bible; Tom read 1776.
- We took Mother to the Lake for the night; got her on the boat for a nice ride.
- We swam in the pool with Brooks.
- I cooked Copper River salmon two more times. It will be out-of-season too soon.
- We took a day trip to Montgomery.
Here are some photos from the weekend: