Monday, April 7, 2008

After the April Showers

Since it rained so much over the weekend, I wondered how my plants, and flowers, and herbs fared. I've walked about a little in the gardens, both here and at the farm, to see the difference that God's water can make. The thyme has grown overnight. I love that fragrance. Baked chicken with thyme?




The oak leaf hydrangea--wow. It will be at peak in a couple of weeks. Do you see how large it is? It's next to the dog kennel. Nuff said.




The fig tree at the farm is putting out. Figs will be ready mid to late June. I can hardly wait. I love fresh figs and Gorgonzola.




The wisteria at the farm is lovely, but the lord of the manor (LOM) doesn't like it because it spreads.




The horsetail fern a friend shared with me will do well, I think, but the LOM may not like it either; it is invasive.




Rosemary loves the farm. This plant is about eight feet across and about three feet high. I have plenty to share.




As I wrote in my "100" I like to garden in April and October!

1 comment:

The Happy Housewife said...

Your plants are huge! I can't believe the rosemary. My bush is only a foot tall!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com