Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rain, Lots of Rain

We needed it, and we got it. Lots and lots of good, slow, steady rain---about 3 inches here at the house and about the same at the farm. That means we didn't have to use the sprinkler; the seeds Tom planted may come up; and the flowers we planted last weekend got a good soaking.

We were guests at a small dinner party last night; other than that, we stayed close to home. Tom worked in the yard a little, and I worked around the house. Mother isn't doing well, so I checked on her often.

This afternoon, I attended the GED Graduation Ceremony, one of the most moving events we have at the College. We honored about 20 graduates today. These are people who have struggled to earn the basic educational credential. They have suffered many hardships, but they persevered. They bring a host of relatives and friends to celebrate with them, and it is a wonderful occasion. It helps remind me why I do what I do.

No comments: