Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Afternoon At the Fresh Market

I ran errands this afternoon; one of those was to the fresh market.




Seeing such nice produce always makes me want to cook. With the nudging from the sight of the wonderful vegetables and fruits and the yummy sounding Carrot Souffle that Tara posted on her site, I was definitely in the mood. I had nice shrimp so I decided on my Shrimp Destin which I have been making for years and years, a Romaine lettuce, tomato, and bleu cheese salad, and the Carrot Souffle. I've learned that if you have a colorful plate, it will be nutritious--red and green in the salad, a beautiful orange with the carrots, and white and pink in the shrimp dish--perfect!

Here's the recipe for Shrimp Destin:

1/4 c. green onions, chopped

2 tsp. minced garlic

1 c. butter

2 pounds large shrimp, peeled

1 tsp lemon juice

1 T. white wine

1/2 tsp salt

coarsely ground pepper to taste

1 tsp dried dill weed

1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped

2 French rolls, split lengthwise and toasted

Saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Add other ingredients except dill and parsley. Cook over medium heat about five minutes. Stir in dill and parsley. Spoon shrimp mixture over the toasted rolls and serve immediately.


Here's how the plate looked:

And here's my chief food judge---he loves the job!

The Carrot Souffle was a winner, but I think I overcooked it by 5-10 minutes. I will check for doneness a few minutes earlier next time.

No comments: