Thursday, May 15, 2008

Night Music





I took this photo one night in March at our farm. Our guests had just left, and we were closing up for the night when I saw the moon peaking through those pecan limbs that had not yet put on their leaves. I thought it was beautiful. Maybe you will think so, too.

I will be out of town Thursday through Sunday, but through the new scheduling feature of Blogger, this should post Thursday evening. Please be patient with my visits to you, which I will make when I return.

For more Skywatch Friday photos, visit Tom.

17 comments:

John said...

Nice shot!
Happy friday.

Texas Travelers said...

Great shot.
I looked for the owl in the trees.

Come visit my storm,
Troy

quinttarantino said...

This is a nice photo.
Pecan - is that the tree that gives those delicious pecan nuts?

Abraham Lincoln said...

This is a startling photo. The tree just sort of creeps out of the darkness at you. The moon just stares. It really is a nice photograph.

Melli said...

NICE! I never have much luck with night shots! I guess this will prompt me to get out the tripod and try again!!! Beautiful!

SandyCarlson said...

The tree limbs are so thin and eerie! This is a wonderful shot, Kay.

Old Wom Tigley said...

Hello Kay..
Thank you for this night shot and for joining in with Sky Watch.

Petunia said...

Great nightshot!!

Petunia's SWF

Tommy V said...

cool shot

Daniel J Santos said...

great night photo, great sky watch.

sandy's notes said...

Nice photo, perhaps a little extra pleasure for an already nice evening. You prescheduled your post? Okay, I have to learn how to do that!

Pat - An Arkansas Stamper said...

Lovely photo!

Jane Marie said...

Beautiful job at shooting the moon.

Carletta said...

Very nice shot!
I've been trying to get a moon shot tonight actually.

dot said...

Beautiful shot! Reminds me of Halloween.

Neva said...

It is a nice shot. I see why you liked it.

MyThreeDaughters said...

We did the same thing recently with the leaves falling off, more a sunset shot. I love bare trees like magnolias.
www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown